Step By Step Keyword Research using Google Keyword Planner
When it comes to digital marketing, keyword research is essential in order to determine which terms and phrases are most relevant to your business and your customers. Google Keyword Planner is a free tool that can help you with your keyword research. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use it.
1. Go to Google Keyword Planner.
2. If you’re not signed in to your Google account, you’ll be prompted to do so.
3. Once you’re signed in, you’ll see a screen that says “Find new keywords.”
4. Under the “Your product or service” section, enter in a few words or phrases that describe what you offer.
5. Under the “Your landing page” section, enter in the URL of a relevant page on your website.
6. Under the “Targeting” section, you can specify your target location and language.
7. Click on the “Get ideas” button.
8. On the next screen, you’ll see a list of related keywords.
9. Scroll down to the “Keyword ideas” section.
10. Here, you can see a variety of metrics, such as average monthly searches, competition, and suggested bid.
11. To get more detailed information on a particular keyword, click on it.
12. On the next screen, you’ll see a graph that shows search volume for that keyword over time.
13. You’ll also see information on related keywords, as well as a list of suggested ad groups.
14. To save a particular keyword to your “Keyword Plan,” click on the button that says “Add to plan.”
15. To view your “Keyword Plan,” click on the “Tools” button at the top of the screen, and then select “Keyword Planner.”
16. Here, you can see all of the keywords that you’ve added to your plan, as well as information on their search volume and competition.
17. To export your keyword list, click on the “Export” button.
18. On the next screen, you can choose to export your keywords as a CSV file.
19. Once you’ve exported your keywords, you can upload them into your Google Ads account and start using them in your campaigns.
20. You can also use your keywords to create targeted landing pages on your website. This will help you to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs) and drive more relevant traffic to your site.
Google Keyword Planner is a powerful tool that can help you with your keyword research. By following the steps above, you can quickly and easily find relevant keywords for your business.